Cloud and Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
Senior, CyberDefense Engineer (Cloud Security & Automation)
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to become a key part of a team of cybersecurity professionals that are executing a pivotal role in protecting and defending the nation’ s critical infrastructure. The Senior Cyber Defense Engineer will create, implement, and subsequently mature and support Cyber Defense solutions for Network and Systems infrastructure with a focus on Cloud computing and Automation, within CyberDefense Engineering – Global Information Security. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing Cloud platform security strategies that align with security standards and controls along with automating operational tasks software deployments, policy testing, support procedures, API integrations, etc... This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual who is looking for an opportunity in the CyberDefense arena and wishes to grow within an organization.
- Create and execute Cyber Defense solutions in accordance with CME’ s 18-24 month rolling Cyber Defense Roadmap
- Manage projects according to project plans with an eye towards objective delivery, cost and risk management
- Apply Cyber Defense Lifecycle (CDSL) and ITIL principals to mature service delivery
- Maintain industry awareness of the Cyber Defense product landscape, and emerging technologies
- Create complete service designs and engineering reference documentation such as Technical Requirement Documents (TRD), Service Engineering Reference Documents (SER), Service Operations Guides (SOG), etc.
- Perform service transition to operations teams and consumers
- 7+ years in IT Engineering and\or Cyber Security Engineering
- Solid working knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Certification preferred)
- A good understanding of Industry Security standards (ie: ISO27001/2, NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc.)
- Cloud Computing Architecture and Engineering, Deployment Automation, SOAR, Configuration Management, Scripting, QA and Test Automation, CICD/SDLC.
- Specific expertise in: AWS (and all native automation capabilities), Chef, Ruby, Ansible, Jenkins, Perl, Python, Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML/JSON-RPC, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; must build strong relationships with partners
- Willingness to ‘ go over and above’ and do whatever it takes to ensure success. Ability to work under pressure, owning and meeting critical deadlines
- Experience as a successful technical leader, both driving and guiding technical implementations