Cloud Solution Architect
Chicago, IL 60606
Cloud Solution Architect
Our client is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. They are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Analytics, DevOps, Application Modernization, and Data Intelligence achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation.
Do you have a passion for applying technical skills to business problems? Are you naturally a curious and confident person, who is a thought leader and a technical evangelist? In this role, you will provide thought leadership to our clients, help design, scope and sell amazing projects, and help delivery teams fulfill the vision you’ ve shaped. This role will directly support both our Business Development Managers to pursue new customer opportunities and our technical teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions. Keeping our skills cutting-edge is a must, and part of your role will be to share the same education and enthusiasm that you give our clients with our internal teams. A Cloud Solution Architect knows what “ Best Practices Industry-Standards” are and knows when an organization is ready to move in that direction and when to pragmatically make smaller steps instead to meet the customer’ s immediate need.
As a Cloud Solution Architect you will take personal ownership of the technical envisioning, scope and goals of sales pursuits. The heart of this role is a passion for helping clients understand, adopt and improve an Azure presence, both in traditional, infrastructure-based approaches and new, platform-based architectures. Your responsibilities will include:
- Pre-sales Leadership. Work with our outstanding Business Development team to identify client challenges, scope and estimate level of effort that address those challenges that our teams can solve and ultimately close the deal.
- Lead Assessment Engagements. Using the firm’ s proprietary Cloud Readiness Assessment model, lead projects that help clients review their existing portfolio of applications, determine cloud compatibility, perform cost / benefit analysis and build application migration and modernization roadmaps.
- Inspire Customers. Create energy around helping customers improve their technical agility through identifying customer needs within four core solution areas (described below)
- Agile Requirements Definition. Collaborate with clients to define requirements and translate them into user stories. Add vision to the project along the way.
- Technical Architecture. Validate, translate and align requirements into a technical design.
- Thought Leadership & Knowledge Management. You will help digest the flood of incoming information regarding new Azure features, development methodologies, libraries and tools to help our clients— and our team— stay ahead of the curve.
- Passion for Learning New Technologies. You are someone who continually seeks out new technologies within the four core solution areas offers or beyond, to facilitate and implement change. You also listen to the pulse of the technical world to help be at the forefront of technical solution architecture. You are a community leader within your specialty, and believe in sharing your skills with your community, through conferences, social media, blogging and other means.
- Microsoft Partnership Enhancement. Deepen our technical relationship with Microsoft by cultivating new and existing relationships to drive additional sales. Collaborate with the product team and help manage our application development competency.
- Collaboration and active participation in a consulting environment. Experience in team selling of professional services, as well as sales through delivery efforts
- Proficiency in professional technical architecture capabilities
- Comfortable speaking to all levels from engineers and analysts to C-suite level people
- Customer-facing presentations including leading meetings using whiteboards and presentations
- Technical documentation and writing
- Experience designing end-to-end architectural solutions