Chicago, IL 60601
Our client is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, the firm’ s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
- Assist in the migration of infrastructure to the cloud
- Design, build and maintain the core infrastructure used by the firm’ s global engineering teams
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, working closely with Development, Database and QA team.
- Participate in team code reviews to ensure code quality standards
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation (escalation)
Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education' s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
- Minimum 3 years as a linux systems engineer/administrator and at least two years running production web applications on AWS or a similar public cloud
- Experience running Docker in production
- Experience with an orchestration system like Terraform or Heat
- Experience with config management, preferably Puppet
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science, or related field. Comparable work and technical experience may be considered.
Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.