Buyer - IT Procurement
20 S Wacker Chicago, IL 60606
Buyer – IT Procurement
The Buyer role leads the strategic sourcing and procurement of technology and/or services in support of the Technology Division’ s needs. This position leads successful negotiations by establishing competitive bidding environments, elevating new and incumbent supplier relationships, analyzing supplier trends, contributing thought leadership, partnering with business stakeholders while adhering to procurement policies. This position interfaces with business partners of varying seniority, colleagues from the Procurement team, Finance department management and corporate suppliers. Spend under management is typically up to $20M.
- Partner with internal business customers to evaluate current and anticipated business needs.
- Drive supplier management processes and performance through quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards, or supplier roadmaps.
- Complete deal summaries and dashboard entries as required.
- Manage post-buy functions including resolution of delivery/performance issues, invoice versus purchase discrepancies and validation of project/delivery milestones.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate strategic sourcing, negotiation, total cost of ownership, and “ should-cost” analysis techniques while leveraging internal and external expertise
- Negotiate purchase contracts following applicable company guidelines to ensure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met and any supplier risks are mitigated.
Skill & Software Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong skills in project management and data analysis
- Knowledge of desktop hardware and software procurement
- Experience in negotiating enterprise software agreements (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, etc)
- Microsoft desktop applications required
- Workday Procurement experience preferred
- 1-3 Years’ experience in Procurement function or role requiring similar skillset