Business Intelligence Developer
110 N. Wacker Drive? Chicago, IL 60606
Our Chicago based client is looking for a BI developer to join their growing team. As part of this Agile team you will be part of the analysis, design, development, and implementation for BI solutions with data from the client’ s various applications. Ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, and data modeling experience.
- Hands-on involvement in the design, development and implementation of optimal, scalable BI solutions.
- Design and Builds ETL processes to pull various data types from various data sources; structured or unstructured, on-prem or Cloud sources.
- Creates reports, cubes and report templates used by key decision makers to gain financial and other quantitative insight
- Regularly interacts with business SMEs to understand and refine requirements, participate in all phases of SDLC, from system analysis and design thru development and test to deployment and support.
- Troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance, validates existing data warehouse systems for data integrity, quality and accuracy and recommends improvements.
- Create technical design and support documentation
- Continuously improve technical skills through training, seminars, webinars and self-directed research / investigation.
- Is highly motivated and self- directed with the ability to work well with others in a dynamic team environment.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of IS and business customers within the company, maintaining appropriate professionalism at all times.
- Develops, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with team members and customers, responding to needs & exhibiting a sense of urgency.
- Over 3 years of Software Development Experience utilizing SDLC and Agile/Scrum
- Over 3 years of BI development, Data Warehousing (SQL), ETL (SSIS), Analysis Services, MDX, and/or Reporting Services
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; Ability to:
- build data models and describe data lineage relationships.
- design and develop in an Agile delivery environment. This includes understanding minimum viable product from both the business and IT standpoint to ensure delivered solutions support future features without rework.
- Must be inherently empathetic to business needs and have ability to influence and negotiate through to solutions that make appropriate trade-offs between project delivery efficiency and adherence to IT strategies.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable building, preparing and discussing documentation and presentations to stake holders
- Facilitation, conflict management, negotiation, and consensus building skills.
- High energy, creative, self-motivated and independent.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Management and Analytics Certification is a plus.
- Experience working with big data in Cloud, and Data lake technologies is a plus