Chicago, IL 60604
This role is for a business analyst with experience in the financial services industry. The primary focus of the business analyst will be to document the firm’ s manual business processes and requirements for automation. The business analyst should have experience working with data as well as be an expert in process workflow. The business analyst should also be able to work with the IT teams to design, and track the building of the automation solution using IT best practices.
Business/Subject Matter Expertise
- BME/SME. Departmental and Industry specific knowledge required to communicate
effectively with end users.
- Knowledge Management. In order to have up to date IT and business information, develop
and maintain a knowledge management network regarding IT and business developments.
- Elicit Requirements. Use group and collaborative methods for collecting requirements (e.g.
interviews, surveys, structured walkthrough, brainstorming and historical data). Query and
summarize data patterns (e.g. relevant database access, historical data). Anticipate, quantify
and resolve problems with requirements (i.e. risk management, priority matrix, and
identification of source).
- Create Business Requirements Document. Analyze, classify and document requirements (i.e.
- Business Requirements Document template). Publishes, distributes and ensures sign-off of
the business requirements document (formal reviews). Controls changes to the requirements
baseline (formal reviews). Performs impact analysis on requested changes to requirements
(priority matrix, risk management).
- Structured Analysis.Identifies and clarifies requirements using conceptual and logical process
modeling techniques (process & data flows). Communicates with users via process and data
models to clarify and validate requirements (use-cases, process & data flows). Analyzes and
determines problem/opportunity/solution (identify current and target state).
- Business Process Re-engineering. Identify and apply appropriate business process modeling
techniques (use cases, business process, data flows). Recommend improvements to
business processes (continuous improvement).
- IT Fluency. Understand technology and applications within own enterprise (hands-on
familiarity with applications, interfaces, administrative features). Understand underlying IT
concepts (architecture, networks, application construction and design). Understand the
impact of information technology on the organization (solution impact on the organization).
- Project management. Should work with PMs to report status, issues, and risks to
stakeholders to ensure proper visibility of all activity.
- Dependencies. Should work with IT specialists to determine data and process dependencies
in an effort to design and develop optimal solution for the firm.
• Bachelor' s degree or equivalent degree/experience, Master' s degree or thinking level
• Candidates preferred with 5+ years business analysis related working experience
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex projects
• Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to create clear & concise documentation
• Able to collaborate with diverse teams and staff of all levels
• Highly evolved problem solving methodology
• Solid knowledge of the derivatives, securities and clearing products and processes
• Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes
• Proficient with the MS Office suite (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)®