175 W. Jackson, Suite 400 Chicago, IL 60604
This role is for a business analyst with experience in the financial services industry.
The primary focus of the business analyst will be to document manual business processes and requirements for automation. The business analyst should have experience working with data as well as be an expert in process workflow. The business analyst should also be able to work with the IT teams to design, and track the building of the automation solution using IT best practices.
Responsibilities and Competencies
- Business/Subject Matter Expertise
- BME/SME. Departmental and Industry specific knowledge required to communicate effectively with end users.
- Knowledge Management. In order to have up to date IT and business information, develop and maintain a knowledge management network regarding IT and business developments.
- Requirements gathering.
- Elicit Requirements. Use group and collaborative methods for collecting requirements (e.g. interviews, surveys, structured walkthrough, brainstorming and historical data). Query and summarize data patterns (e.g. relevant database access, historical data). Anticipate, quantify and resolve problems with requirements (i.e. risk management, priority matrix, and identification of source).
- Create Business Requirements Document. Analyze, classify and document requirements (i.e. Business Requirements Document template). Publishes, distributes and ensures sign-off of the business requirements document (formal reviews). Controls changes to the requirements baseline (formal reviews). Performs impact analysis on requested changes to requirements (priority matrix, risk management).
- Structured Analysis. Identifies and clarifies requirements using conceptual and logical process modeling techniques (process & data flows). Communicates with users via process and data models to clarify and validate requirements (use-cases, process & data flows). Analyzes and determines problem/opportunity/solution (identify current and target state).
- Business Process Re-engineering. Identify and apply appropriate business process modeling techniques (use cases, business process, data flows). Recommend improvements to business processes (continuous improvement).
- IT Fluency. Understand technology and applications within own enterprise (hands-on familiarity with applications, interfaces, administrative features). Understand underlying IT concepts (architecture, networks, application construction and design). Understand the impact of information technology on the organization (solution impact on the organization).
- Project management. Should work with PMs to report status, issues, and risks to stakeholders to ensure proper visibility of all activity.
- Dependencies. Should work with IT specialists to determine data and process dependencies in an effort to design and develop optimal solution for the firm.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent degree/experience, Master' s degree or thinking level
- Candidates preferred with 5+ years business analysis related working experience
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex projects
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to create clear & concise documentation
- Able to collaborate with diverse teams and staff of all levels
- Highly evolved problem solving methodology
- Solid knowledge of the derivatives, securities and clearing products and processes
- Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes
- Strong knowledge of VBA and OLE automation
- Proficient with the MS Office suite (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)®