Application Operations Engineer
350 N Orleans St Suite Chicago, IL 60654
Our Chicago based client is looking for an Application Operations engineer. Ideal candidates will work with software engineering to deploy and operate the company systems. You will help to automate and streamline their operations and processes
- Responsible for promotions and releases
- Automation of deployments and implementation of CI (Continuous Integration) where appropriate.
- Write scripts to automate and simplify day-to-day operational tasks.
- Ensure availability of applications in dev, test and production environments.
- Technical lead for applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements of application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Work as a member of an agile scrum team and contribute in the different phases of the Agile based SDLC.
- Write ad hoc SQL queries for data analysis and troubleshooting purposes. Develop update, delete, and insert SQL statements for resolving specific problems or for mass updates.
- Understand integrations between systems
- Troubleshoot issues if required
- Learn new applications and tools
- Drive the installations and upgrades of applications
- Enforce security protocols
- Provide 3 rd Level Support when required for Applications where required
- Establish and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with customers.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- The following certifications would be a plus: TS, ITP, MCSE or other MS certification Citrix, VMWare, A+, Network+, ITIL, PMP
- 5-7 years in large corporate environment required
- Understanding and experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies and life cycles
- Experience with automating build and deployment processes
- Experience in administering, configuring, installing, and updating applications on virtual machines, application servers, web servers, and Citrix.
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts
- Experience supporting applications on Microsoft Server (e.g. 2008R2 and 2012) preferred
- Database Experience with SQL (e.g. SQL Server 2008, 2014, etc.). Experience with writing/utilizing queries, update/delete statements, stored procedures, views, joins, and functions.
- Experience with supporting or administering any of the following applications preferable: Salesforce, JD Edwards, JIRA, Proliance, Alusta, Apttus (Contract Management), SharePoint, ServiceNow, UltiPro, HFM, Riskonnect, Concur, Dayforce, CCure, FM Interact, Jitterbit, ReportsNow)
- Experience utilizing DevOps/CI/CD tools preferable (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Auto Rabbit, Flossum, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience with:
- Automated Testing products such as Selenium preferred
- 3 rd integration tools preferable (e.g. Jitterbit, CastIron, Boomi, Informatica; etc.)
- 2-4 years Real Estate preferred
- SaaS administration and Support experience preferred