Chicago, IL 60611
Application Support Analyst
Our client is seeking an Application Support Analyst to provide internal user support for cloud based and internal business applications. This is a hands-on position that involves working directly with users to solve business problems. Prior experience working directly with users on solutions and support issues is essential. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of working with a wide-range of technologies.
· Provide first and second tier support for business related applications.
· Escalate issues with third party application providers.
· Act as a bridge between users and third party technology providers.
· Perform end-user training on applications and their usage.
· Develop technology solutions for various business solutions using new and existing technologies.
· Partner with consultants and third parties to develop and implement solutions.
· Build and support various business process workflows.
· Meet with business leaders and product owners on a regular basis to understand needs and issues.
· Analyze business problems with users and translate into functional requirements.
· Analyze business processes for inefficiencies and inadequacies.
· Partner with the business to help leverage Office 365 collaboration with sites, Teams and documents.
· Represent the business' needs when working on and designing technical solutions with third party providers.
· Make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be obtained through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
· Assist with project management as it related to application configuration and implementation.
· Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems and publishing progress reports.
· Evaluate business processes and discover underlying causes for failure.
· Perform due diligence on new systems evaluated.
· Evaluate current systems and determine their lifecycle and roadmap.
· 2 to 5 years of corporate application support or business analyst experience.
· Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related preferred, but not required.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
· High attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and problem solving.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· IT defect and backlog system experience important, but not required.
· Experience writing and working with SQL desirable, but not required.
· Experience with process documentation and process documentation tools like Visio.
· Experience with Excel addins and macros.
· Experience with Office 365 document management.
· Passionate about helping the business succeed.
· Passionate about helping users.
· Passionate about learning new technologies.
· Sets the bar high with relentlessly high standards.
· Committed to excellence, quality and getting things done right the first time.
· Always curious about new possibilities and acts to explore them.
· Constantly seeks out opportunities for self-improvement.
· Takes on challenges head on and always looks for ways to identify solutions.
· Willing to take on initiatives without being asked.
· Accepts accountability for decisions and actions.
· Works independently, but seeks others outside the company to help, if needed.
· Ability to work effectively within a team.
· Willing to respectfully challenge decisions, even when doing so is uncomfortable.
· Evaluate and analyze complex issues with attention to detail.
· Open to feedback and willing to take action on feedback when provided.
· Follow through on deadlines, commitments or promises.