AVP Research Data Manager
150 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60606
AVP Research Data Manager
The Business Development Team is responsible for managing relationships with existing investors and developing relationships with new investors. The team targets consultants, large foreign and domestic institutions (including public and private pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds), wealth management firms, family offices and individuals.
The team collaborates closely with other Investor Partners Group teams, as well as Firm leadership, Marketing, Direct Lending, BSL and Structured Finance to develop and execute fund-raising and investor service plans in line with Firm objectives. Position Responsibilities The candidate will be the senior researcher and manager of the sales research group within the firm' s Business Development Team. The sales research group is responsible for preparing relationship managers for meetings with potential and existing investors, helping to monitor those relationships, and supporting the sales efforts through research, data, process improvements, CRM maintenance and various other sales support activities. This role requires experience managing a team in a fast paced sales environment.
The candidate will have direct research responsibility and team management responsibility. The candidate must have a ‘ no
job is too small’ player/coach mentality and have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to leading the Research and Data team, providing consistent feedback and talent development for direct reports.
The primary focus of this role will be to:
– Prepare high quality background material in support of the Business Development team o Review and analyze multiple data sources and summarize findings in highquality, fact-based formal reports intended to help the sales team prepare for meetings and events o Conduct in-depth research and update information on qualifying prospects to effectively anticipate the needs of our sales team
– Manage the Research and Data Team:
o Manage support needs for heavy meeting volume, keep track of meeting details and assign tasks appropriately
o Ensure the team is meeting tight deadlines o Review work of the team for accuracy and completeness – Work with key stakeholders to help develop and improve upon technology and test
– Work with key stakeholders to help develop and improve upon technology and test application updates to validate that they meet the team’ s business needs
Candidate Requirements Qualifications & Experience:
– Bachelor' s degree required
– 5-7 years of experience, including at least 2 years of management experience
– Experience leading a team, developing direct reports and evaluating performance
– Experience working with a CRM system preferred
– Highly detailed; must be able to identify errors and/or develop controls to ensure accuracy
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments; ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment