AVP Front Office Technology- IPG
666 5th Avenue New York, NY 10103
AVP- Front Office Technology (BA/PM)
Our client, a mid-sized investment firm, is looking for an experienced individual to join their
Front Office Technology team dedicated to the success of our Investor Partners Group
(IPG) through management and delivery of impactful technology project implementations,
support of the business, and overall client relationship management and satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will display a proven track record of partnering with business groups, gaining a deep understanding of their processes, identifying ways in which technology can provide business benefit, and ultimately delivering holistic, impactful solutions to meet a variety of business challenges.
This is a hands on, comprehensive relationship management role, responsible for managing client expectations and satisfaction, managing projects and delivery, leading requirements sessions, translating those requirements into technical and process solutions, ensuring that those solutions meet the needs of the business, ensuring strict quality standards are met through the development, execution, and continual improvement of test plans and processes, overseeing the development and execution of necessary training, and managing and resolving end-user issues in order to maximize user adoption and the realization of business benefit. In addition, this candidate will manage necessary team and project resources in order to meet these needs.
It is expected that the person in this role will have both a broad understanding of enterprise- wide processes and systems, and a deep understanding of his or her client’ s specific business
processes, data needs, and system use. Because it is a very comprehensive role, it is also expected that the person in this role will coordinate across a variety of resources, both within their own team and across the organization, and influence priorities to deliver solutions on behalf of his or her end users.
The candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail, an inquisitive nature, a passion for excellent service, the ability to self-start and be resourceful, and a strong understanding of technology. This is a client-facing role requiring communication with users at all levels, so exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Become a subject matter expert in the core business functions and technology solutions of the Investor Partners Group
- Understand the application architecture for all in scope systems, in particular those that are 3rd party applications, and be able to contribute to technical design discussions and decisions.
- Drive the execution of both business sponsored and enterprise-wide projects impacting the Investor Partners group
- Manage the creation of detailed project plans, supporting requirements documentation including user stories, use cases, design specifications, business process and data flows, and acceptance criteria, necessary training materials, and support materials needed to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Provide routine status reports and updates to the project team and senior management outlining overall project health, and the identification and mitigation of risks and issues
- Facilitate and lead business and technical meetings necessary to ensure the successful deliver of those projects
- Manage, proactively track and compile metrics on support issues raised by the business through to resolution and within defined SLAs
- Manage the development and execution of associated test suites and cases in Microsoft
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) ensuring all entries are organized and thoroughly executed for each release and across each business function.
- Independently execute data analysis across multiple platforms through the use of Excel and other available tools
- Exhibit resourcefulness in proactively identifying and engaging available resources and subject matter experts in related areas to achieve your goals
- Build strong and productive relationships with key business stakeholders, sponsors, technology colleagues, and technology vendors to convey pain points, requirements, and process improvements in a clear and concise manner
- Understand the relationships, dependencies, and impact of related business functions to your area of responsibility
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and manage time and priorities under pressure and to meet deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Computer Science, Business or related field preferred) with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in Financial Services
- Experience managing both internal resources and external vendors
- Experience directly supporting a front office sales organization
- Experience with CRM systems and processes, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Foundational understanding of relational databases and related query tools
- Proven experience performing complex data quality analysis within Excel through the use of pivot tables, vlookups, and multi-step functions
- Prior experience working in an end-user support capacity, utilizing tools to manage, track, and resolve incidents and service requests
- Self-motivated, team oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Proactive self-starter with a positive can-do and ‘ no job too small’ attitude
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Results oriented with a high level of personal accountability
- Motivated by a fast paced, complex environment
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Client Focused: Is relentless about understanding internal and external customers’ needs and meeting and exceeding their expectations; drives to have our clients win
- Analytical Reasoning: Defines problems and seeks solutions by examining issues and ideas through inquiry, analysis, dialogue and evaluation
- Personal Effectiveness: Gets the job done; follows through on commitments and takes actions that are best for the Firm; shows grit and determination
- Initiative: Motivated to achieve goals beyond what is expected; proactive
- Team Work: Initiates and maintains collaborative working relationships; fosters goodwill and cooperation to meet shared goals; team-oriented
- Adaptability: Able to adapt and work effectively in changing circumstances and conditions; flexible