AVP, Front-Office Technology- Marketing and Structured Products
New York, NY 10103
Our client, a mid-sized investment firm, is looking for an experienced individual in the Front Office Technology team with business analysis, project management, client relationship management and application support skills dedicated to supporting our Marketing and Structured Products teams.
The goal of this role is to provide exceptional service to our business clients through a single point of contact into the technology organization, a deep understanding of their business processes, and an appreciation for any existing gaps in technology in order to provide them with leading edge solutions that will increase productivity, reduce risk, and generate revenue for the firm. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering holistic, impactful technology solutions to meet a variety of business challenges.
This is a hands on, comprehensive relationship management role, responsible for gathering and documenting requirements, translating those requirements into technical and process solutions, developing and executing quality assurance test plans, creating end-user training materials, and managing and resolving end-user issues in order to ensure adoption and realization of the business benefits. It is expected that the person in this role will have both a broad understanding of end-to-end processes and systems, and a deep understanding of his or her client’ s specific business processes, data needs, and system use. Because it is a very comprehensive role, it is also expected that the person in this role will coordinate across a variety of resources, and influence priorities to deliver solutions on behalf of his or her end users.
The candidate should have excellent problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail, an inquisitive nature, a passion for excellent service, the ability to self-start and be resourceful, and a strong understanding of technology.
This is a client-facing role requiring communication with users at all levels, so exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Become a subject matter expert in the core business functions and technology solutions of the Marketing and Structured Products groups
- Analyze and understand complex business processes and present them to business partners at all levels in an understandable and logical format
- Develop detailed requirements documentation including user stories, use cases, design specifications, business process and data flows, and acceptance criteria
- Independently execute complex data analysis across multiple platforms through the use of Excel and other available tools
- Manage support issues raised by the business through to resolution and within defined support SLAs
- Exhibit resourcefulness in proactively identifying and engaging available resources and subject matter experts in related areas to achieve your goals
- Build strong and productive relationships with key business stakeholders, sponsors, technology colleagues, and technology vendors to convey pain points, requirements, and process improvements in a clear and concise manner
- Confidently facilitate meetings with all levels of the organization including senior business stakeholders and senior management
- Ensure that all delivered solutions meet the highest quality standards and satisfy all specified business requirements, meet technical standards, and adhere to robust data security requirements through rigorous validation and testing, both independent of and in collaboration with end users
- Develop and deliver comprehensive user training on new and existing systems and functionality
- Work closely with development teams and vendors to clarify requirements and to ensure application delivery meets all desired business specifications
- Understand the relationships, dependencies, and impact of related business functions to your area of responsibility
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and manage time and priorities under pressure and to meet deadlines
Candidate Requirements Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Computer Science, Business or related field preferred) and 7-10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in Financial Services
- Experience with CRM systems and processes (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) and marketing automation platforms (preferably Oracle Eloqua)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) − Foundational understanding of relational databases with experience writing SQL queries and using related query tools
- Proven experience performing complex data quality analysis within Excel through the use of pivot tables, vlookups, and multi-step functions
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, in particular with third party vendors
- Prior experience working in an end-user support capacity, utilizing tools to manage, track, and resolve incidents and service requests
- Self-motivated, team oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Proactive self-starter with a positive can-do and ‘ no job too small’ attitude
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Results oriented with a high level of personal accountability
- Motivated by a fast paced, complex environment
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Client Focused: Is relentless about understanding internal and external customers’ needs and meeting and exceeding their expectations; drives to have our clients win
- Analytical Reasoning: Defines problems and seeks solutions by examining issues and ideas through inquiry, analysis, dialogue and evaluation
- Personal Effectiveness: Gets the job done; follows through on commitments and takes actions that are best for the Firm; shows grit and determination
- Initiative: Motivated to achieve goals beyond what is expected; proactive
- Team Work: Initiates and maintains collaborative working relationships; fosters goodwill and cooperation to meet shared goals; team-oriented
- Adaptability: Able to adapt and work effectively in changing circumstances and conditions; flexible