.NET Software Engineer
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
The Software Engineer will join the Information Technology group in a dynamic and growing Alternative Investments firm with a strong technology focus. Software Engineers play a critical role in continuing to grow modern development practices and application architecture, leverage cloud base technology, and own the execution of both Greenfield projects and projects extending the capabilities of our Investment systems.
The function is responsible for designing and developing assigned technical components working with the lead or architecture member to create necessary views and other changes to the application under development. The Software Engineer is also responsible for understanding testing, participating in the broader levels of test planning and, on an as needed basis, testing and doing support activities.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in optimized development processes environment with automation and continuous delivery practices and utilize cloud hosted infrastructure for deployment.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Work side by side with development team members to ensure a consistent technical landscape aligned to technical architecture vision.
- Collaborate with team architects and team members to ensure that all technology initiatives are implemented within the existing or planned framework for each project.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to Business Analysts, Software Engineers, QA Testers and others in diagnosing and resolving defects identified during testing phases.
- Continue to evaluate our technology platform against industry trends.
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating strong understanding of object oriented design and development principles.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft.Net, some experience with C# required.
- Experience with PaaS tools such as Azure App Service or AWS Lambda.
- Prior experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Go etc. are a plus.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SQL, noSQL solutions (Mongo / RavenDB / etc) and other high powered data platforms is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated unit and acceptance level testing. Experience working in a TDD environment a strong plus.
- Working knowledge and practice working in Agile development environment with strong engineering principles (XP, SCRUM etc.).
- Experience with publish/subscription models, enterprise services bus or other similar SOA type framework and architectures a strong plus.
- Experience and/or certifications as a secure programmer is a strong plus.
- Experience in financial services and/or investment management, a strong plus.
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Outstanding decision making and problem solving skills.