550 W Washington Chicago, IL 60606
Title: .NET Developer (x2)
Duration: 12+ month contract (likely to go well beyond the initial 12 months with chance of going full-time down the road)
W2 consultants only
This position is responsible for developing supporting a wide variety of systems primarily related to clearing financial management. The person in this role will work directly with our business users as well as other team members including software engineers and infrastructure engineers to provide first class support.
The candidate must be comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative team. In this role you will be presented with the daily challenges associated with building and supporting custom, highly related financial business software and a demanding customer base. A positive attitude and willingness to learn about our systems and customer requirements are essential. The candidate must be an adept problem solver who goes beyond the obvious to investigate issues, ensure that the root cause is understood, and develop and implement effective, long-term solutions.
This role will be doing a mix of new development and production support.
- Ideally at least some working knowledge of system integration and batch processing.
- Experience in design and development of data driven C# .NET web and desktop applications.
- Strong ability to code in the following stack: .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong ability to debug software including identification and implementation of performance improvements.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design and consults with hardware engineers to evaluate interface between hardware, software, and operational performance requirements of the system(s).
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing and improve existing computer system(s).
- Formulates and defines system(s) scope and objective.
- Contribute to the success of the team through collaboration, connectivity, and the ability to inspect and adapt to changes.
- Uncover production issues by identifying, defining, and adding monitoring, tracing capability, metric collection, and reporting to system(s).
- Decipher existing code bases to scope -- design and implement fixes to systems for both planned deployments, as well as emergency changes.
- Review planned implementations and identify potential integration or problem areas that need to be monitored and addressed.
- Develop applications and processes that improve production performance and/or automate manual tasks.