Sr Trade Application Support Engineer
New York, NY 10282
Sr. Trade Application Support Engineer
An exciting opportunity for a motivated candidate to join a team charged with the implementation and support of Trading Systems. This is a high-profile business facing role. You will be joining an aggressive team of self-motivated employees implementing our Trading Applications. The rewards of your hard work, initiative and innovation will be internal and interdepartmental growth opportunities.
Essential for success will be the ability to draw on a broad base of technical skills to implement and support business critical, high availability trading systems. The candidate will be focused on day-to-day implementation and support of the trading systems, operational validation of new implementations and upgrades, and creation of operational documentation. Successful candidates will have significant experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, documenting, certifying, and operating high-availability real-time distributed applications, coupled with exceptional operational acumen in terms of change management and incident management.
As a Senior Production Support role, candidates need to be flexible regarding work schedule and support hours to ensure proper coverage. The candidate will focus on production implementation and support based on standard practices and documentation.
The role incorporates aspects of the following activities:
• Application implementation
• Application troubleshooting
• Incident management
• Change control and Configuration management
• Coordination and operational validation of new implementations and upgrades
• Creation of operational documentation
- Excellent team player
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers, subordinates and customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Technical project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as documentation skills, to include solid experience in deploying software and writing operational procedures
- Understanding of customer demand and technology innovation to meet clients present and future requirements
- Ability to follow and give directions precisely
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of internal customer support
- Creation of detailed technical documentation
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a technical field required (Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Training & Certifications in core business products a plus: Sun Unix & Linux Administration, IBM MQ or experience in similar industry standard middleware suite
- At least 7yrs + experience in handling production operations & support of an Electronic Trading System in a Unix/Linux environment – preferably a high frequency trading system.
- Power user of Unix/Linux Operating Systems – at least 5yrs + experience
- Power user of scripting languages – Bash and Perl
- Power user of using basic network troubleshooting tools (ssh, ping, netstat, tcpdump, traceroute, etc)
- Experience in production operations & support of Electronic Trading Systems, preferably Matching Engines.
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems and client server architectures
- Experience with Change Control and Configuration Management Systems
- Experience with performance testing and tuning of distributed systems is desirable
- Experience in using Enterprise Monitoring Tools
- Experience in SDLC model and Release management
- Experience in using Version Control Management tools such as GIT, SVN etc
- Experience in Oracle/Postgres database operations is a plus
- Network Engineering experience is a plus
- Experience working with NasdaqOMX CLICK or GENIUM is a plus.
- Experience working with SMARTS is a plus