Sr Software Engineer - Engineering & Execution - NEX
Chicago, IL 60606
Our client’ s platform one of the most advanced and sophisticated trading platform in the world. Top notch engineers put their best in ensuring that the Globex trading platform is functioning at its best under any market condition.
Reg systems requires both solid front-end developers and solid, performance-focused back-end developers (various databases needed).
We' re looking for an industrious and driven Senior Software Engineer to be a key contributor. As a member of the Reg Systems team consultants will be part of highly visible and mission critical initiatives.
- Write core java code adhering to overall architecture and design of existing applications
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to resolve any issues reported by QA / Test Analysis
- Understand performance metric and factors affecting the performance and find ways to improve it
- Leverage automation for increased efficiency
- Track own progress to ensure timely delivery
- Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements
- Participate in code reviews for own as well as others’ code
- Work with other teams involved in project life-cycle
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Development
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading
- Experience with performance tuning
- For Back-end roles, Informatica, Oracle, Hadoop will be required in various roles.
- Experience with AWS, particularly in large-data (Hadoop and otherwise) solutions a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Agile and test-driven development experience
- C/C++ knowledge will be a plus
- Trading industry experience will be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Preferably CS, CE or IT)