The Business Analyst role is on Product team within the Information Technology department. The Business Analyst will work closely with the Product Manager and development teams to create solutions that meet the needs of our clients and business groups including Business Development and Client Services.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Independently create deliverables that are easily understood, thorough, and accurate. Techniques to elicit requirements will include workshops, interviews, user stories and other methods appropriate to the development effort.
- Research Salesforce.com functionality and best practices to meet business needs.
- Coordinate input from users, the development team and product management to create solution options that balance business value, usability and technical feasibility.
- Work with the product management, development, project management teams to implement, test and roll-out system enhancements.
- Identify and build trusted relationships with stakeholders. Understand their roles and tailor communication to meet their needs and proactively manage their expectations.
- Build trusted relationships with end-users by providing system support and incorporating feedback.
- Provides a user-focused approach to all ideas and decisions. Advocates for the user community through understanding of their roles, responsibilities and processes.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’ s degree and at least 2 years of experience as a product analyst and or business analyst with custom system development and vendor software implementations.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other highly configurable enterprise platforms.
- Experience working in collaborative environments and with Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience working with users to create products that you believe in.
- Experience making complex concepts and business problems ‘ simple’.
- Proven experience creating great customer experiences and are empathetic about users’ goals and pain points.
- Powerful analytical skillset with the ability to motivate others to share your vision and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable, dependable, and dedicated to your products and team.
- Familiarity with application architecture, web applications, databases and other relevant technologies.
- Passion for all things data and data visualization.
- Self-starter that likes to get hands-on and tinkering with data and reporting tools.
- Excellent writing and listening skills with a proven ability to disseminate information effectively and articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner.