Global IT Security Manger
Our client is looking for a Global IT Manager join their team in downtown Chicago. This is an important role to defining and shaping the company’ s security strategy.
- Develops information security standards, procedures, and guidelines specific to the Company.
- Prioritizes information security activities and initiatives based on level of risk and exposures with appropriate level of corporate management.
- Manages the prevention, detection, response to, and reporting on security breaches and attempts.
- Manages 3rd party security advisors and vendors
- Define access privileges, control structures and resources for both on-prem and cloud based systems
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Oversees training of staff in security awareness, protocols and procedures
- Design and conduct security audits to ensure operational security
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends, and plans implementation of new or improved information security software and devices, safeguards and solutions that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with executive and business unit management.
- IT BS or MS degree required / Prefer Masters and CISM or other widely recognized subject matter certification.
- Five to eight years of experience in information technology; a minimum of four years of experience in information security management roles, responsibilities, and organizational structure
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience such as coaching, facilitating and providing work guidance and instruction to less experienced employees
- ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT frameworks
- PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GLBA and SOX compliance assessments
- Security and Event Management (SIEM)