Database Engineer/SQL Developer
Our client is looking for a Database Engineer/SQL Developer who will be responsible for designing databases, managing data infrastructure in the cloud, and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. This individual will collaborate within an agile environment and needs to have a genuine passion for data technology and creative problem solving. He or she should understand the importance of data system integrity in terms of both efficiency and security. You must be passionate about automation, testing, and ensuring the quality and timely delivery of your work. Ultimately, this position will be at the forefront of pushing our current data stack into the future, leveraging emerging data management technologies and always learning in order to bring value to our data initiatives.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for the management, stabilization, and automation of our MS SQL Server 2016 environments in AWS.
- Design, model, build, and maintain effective, high-performing database systems (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, and Search) to support new and existing development.
- Help design and build our new Analytics platform using modern data management technologies and best practices.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for the management, stabilization, and automation of our Apache Solr full-text search environments in AWS.
- Administer our centralized logging platform based on AWS Services: Kinesis, Lambda, and Elasticsearch.
- Perform DBA tasks ranging from backups and maintenance to query tuning and SQL development.
- Peform Data Engineering tasks ranging from building ETL processes and data pipelines to administering a data warehouse.
- Configure data system monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms and alerts/outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends as triggered.
- Create documentation as needed for systems and processes
- Bachelor' s in Computer Science, Math, Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Data Management.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Database Engineer, Data Engineer, DBA, SQL Developer, or similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database and query tuning.
- Sound knowledge of Database Management best practices and methodology.
- Sound knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL best practices and methodology.
- Proficient with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Proficient in writing advanced T-SQL Queries in MS SQL Server
- Proficient in writing advanced SQL Queries in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or equivalent technologies.
- Scripting with Powershell, Bash, and/or Python
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability, and a devotion to delivering value for our customers.
- Interest and ability to investigate and learn AWS data technologies, such as EMR, Glue, Redshift, and Athena.
- Interest and ability to investigate and learn data technologies, such as Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Segment, Stitch, Streamsets, Apache Nifi, and Neo4j.
- Work well independently and collaboratively in an Agile environment.
- Dedication to continuous learning in the data space to improve professionally.
- Experience working in the Public Cloud, specifically AWS.
- Direct Experience with AWS Data, Compute, Infrastructure Automation Services
- Experience with Apache Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Experience working with Enterprise EOM Reporting and Analytics solutions