Our client, a privately held fixed investment advisory and asset management firm is seeking a Tableau specialist. The firm specializes in delivering highly analytical, performance driven strategies for institutional investors including financial institutions, insurance companies, and money managers. To be successful in this the firm invests in innovative and proprietary solutions using cutting edge technology. They partner with clients to produce consistent and significant improvements in their long-term portfolio performance. Using a unique approach, professionals utilize proprietary portfolio management applications and techniques to ensure clients make investment decisions based upon a sound and disciplined risk-reward decision-making methodology. Rather than the traditional “ buyer beware” approach common within the industry, every day they educate and guide clients through the decisions involved in constructing an outperforming investment portfolio. At the heart of their culture and methodology is an uncommon commitment to challenge traditional thinking and unveil common misconceptions through intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty and debate.
This opportunity will support the firm' s’ growing business units’ reporting and data visualization work product. This is a hands-on role and technical expertise in the Tableau product line will be important.
· Working in concert with Technology and Analytics, contribute to a technical roadmap for Tableau’ s future upgrades and product line(Desktop and Server).
· Provide analysis and recommendations on future Tableau purchases to address performance, scalability and budgeting.
· Develop technical and conceptual specifications with software development team in support of the overall application design.
· Become the recognized technical expert within Tableau, providing training, mentoring, and coaching for Tableau users.
· Schedule frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
· Responsible to facilitate load testing and bench-marking the developed product with the set performance standards.
Critical competencies for success
· 4+ years of Tableau experience with technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
· Experience in integrating Tableau with web-based content management systems(CMS) systems · Tableau Desktop 9.x/10.x, Tableau Server 9.x/10.x
· Well versed in tab commands for developing scripts for tableau server backup and restoring.
· Experienced in granting permissions and other admin activities on Tableau server.
· 2 Yrs. Working in client-focused web delivery organization or department.
· Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Systems, Informatics, Information Management, or a related field